I am honored and humbled to serve as President of the West Michigan Association of Fire Chiefs for 2015.
I started my career in the fire service in 1981 as a paid on call firefighter for Plainfield Township Fire Department at the age of 19 years old. Over the last 34 years I have rose through the ranks being promoted from Paid on Call Fire Fighter to a fulltime position of Equipment Operator, Lieutenant, Captain and now the Assistant Fire Chief of the Fire Safety Bureau and Training for the last 11 years.
It is the goal of both me and the entire board of Directors to keep this Association a viable resource for all member Departments located in the 23 counties contained within the WMAFC boundaries.
As a Board, we have established the following goals for 2015:
- Orientation of new executive director and establish objectives and benchmarks
- Update “Pennies from Heaven” guidelines and by-laws
- Update and improve WMAFC’s website
- Schedule a national speaker with subject matter which can be of valve to the firefighter up through the chief officer. Commit to an annual schedule of speakers
- Develop a welcome packet for the new fire chief of a community focusing on the benefits and networking ability of WMAFC
As a member of the Association, I would ask that you help keep WMAFC viable and thriving by participating on committees when asked and attending the membership meetings and communicating with other members through Texcom. As a non-member, please consider joining and contributing to help keep our profession strong.
Thank you for visiting our website. Feel free to contact myself or any board member with any questions or concerns you may have.
President - WMAFC